E-lesson 14: Plan and organize the development your own story and evaluate it.
Aim of e-lesson 14 is to help you plan and organize the development of your own story.
Time required: 40΄...
Congratulations on reaching e-lesson 14! For this e-lesson you will need all the skills you have developed so far.
You have learned so far:
- To familiarize with a topic suitable for creating a new story by learning about the historical context (HoS elements), locating the elements of Nature of Science (NoS), finding further information that may be required.
- To making decisions on the function of the story (motivational introduction, main structure for a lesson or assessment), telling the story yourself or using a video presentation within the lesson, and reflect upon your choices, considering possible problems and organizing your lesson.
- Adapting the story by locating important elements in an engaging story, writing/adapting the story, checking the adapted version of the story, developing worksheets/activities for your story and learned about the Storytelling skills required.
- Being motivated in developing your own story, what makes a good Science Story.
And now … you will plan and organize the development of your own story.
In general a project for creating a new story has 5 phases:
• Phase 1: Finding a topic for a new story & planning the project. (E-lessons 12-14)
• Phase 2: Find further information and analyze it. (E-lessons 1-3)
• Phase 3: Deciding on the pedagogic approach for the new story. (E-lessons 4-6)
• Phase 4: Writing and adapting the story. (E-lessons 7-9)
• Phase 5: Creating the worksheets, rehearsing and presenting the story within the classroom. (E-lessons 10-11)
In general each phase requires about 1 week, however this is only indicative.
Decide how many weeks will be the duration of the project. Create a timeline, which includes each step and the time required for the story development. Use the table [PDF-Form].
Don’t forget to evaluate your story when the project is completed. Score from 1 (very dissatisfied) to 5 (very satisfied). You can use the table [PDF-Form].